Google Chrome: It Gets Better

Since the advent of the DVR, I pretty much never watch commercials; so it was pure chance that I happened to catch the ad below during last week’s Glee. I have to say that I honestly can’t remember the last time (if ever) that I was moved by a commercial—and certainly not by an ad for a web brower. But this commercial for Google Chrome is so incredibly well done that it stopped me in my tracks.

And while I’ve got you, here’s another video in the series, that’s just as much of a tear-jerker.

Bravo, Google.

1. Mandy says:

I, too, don't watch many commercials, but I actually rewound my dvr to watch this commercial while watching Glee. Thanks for posting both of these, I had only seen the first one.
  2. Rachel says:

I also agree - a million thumbs up to Google for using their advertising time to also make an important statement. It was a really touching and important piece that I hope many people see.
  3. andrea says:

so impressive. the Dear Sophie emails really had me tearing up.
  4. emily b says:

Oh, wow. I hadn't seen these. What amazing stories. Thank you so much for sharing.
  5. This is why I love Google! | double-sidedtape says:

[...] I had to share this with you. Via Design Work Life. [...]
  6. Rachel C says:

Gosh, tear jerker ads for Google Chrome! Awesome marketing.
  7. John Wyszniewski says:

Thanks for highlighting these videos! Total tearjerkers!
  8. Emily says:

I love the first one, love the idea of using Chrome advertising to promote a cause. The second one just reminds me of iPhone 4 advertising. Bit cheesy no?