Student Work: Molly Weber: Bridesmade Identity and Collateral

Molly Weber created these beautiful laser cut pieces as a student at Academy of Art University. The pieces were designed to promote Bridesmade, a fictional bridal expo focusing on handmade weddings.

1. dan says:

Looks incredibly similar to rob ryan's work to me

I'm sure he was an influence. But are you insinuating some of this work was copied in any way? I take plagiarism accusations very seriously as I don't want to inadvertently promote it or unnecessarily accuse anyone of it, so if you have a specific source please let me know. However, I don't think just because one person works in paper cuts as a medium that another person can't also do so, as long as the designer puts their own spin on it. Also I think it's important to keep in mind that this is student work and it needs to be judged in a different way than work that is being produced commercially.
  3. Gordon says:

Julene Harrison ripped again? http://madebyjulene.com/

Please see my comment above.
  5. Linh says:

Papercut art always reminds me of my great grandmother. She cut her designs by hand on thin, red paper and the symmetry and detail were amazing. I love this project not only for its design, but also as an event concept. Even though I don't plan on getting married again any time soon, handmade weddings are some of my favorites.
  6. Quick Picks Thursday : 6.7.12 | Paper Crave says:

[...] ? An amazing laser cut identity project for a fictional bridal expo by Molly Weber. – via Design Work Life [...]