Happy New Year everyone!! We had a nice relaxing break, so I hope you all got to enjoy some time off as well. Now that we’ve had some time to step away, we’re really excited to get back to work bringing you lots of daily inspiration. As previously mentioned, there will be quite a few changes around here over the next couple of months, so stay tuned for that, but here are a few links to help you get the first week of 2011 going.
I’ve come across quite a few “Best Of” lists and 2010 round-ups in the last couple of weeks, so I thought I would gather my favorites here:
- The New York Times’ 10th Annual Year in Ideas
- GOOD Magazine’s Year in Review 2010: Humanitarian Design
- Time Magazine’s The Top 10 of Everything 2010
- Work Awesome: The Best of 2010
- 2010 Top 12 (Plus) Freelance Folder Posts
- The 99%’s Best of 2010: Our Most Popular Tips, Interviews & Think Pieces
- Etsy’s The 21 Best Resources from the 2010 Business Blogosphere
- Brand New takes on the Best and Worst Identities of 2010
FontShop presents their picks for the top fonts of 2010. I’ll share my own favorites on Thursday.
The Casual Optimist recently featured a great interview with the Heads of State.
Here’s an excellent breakdown of the Egoist network identities over at Fonts in Use.
I found a few gems in this round-up of 2010’s best illustrator tutorials over at Noupe.