I’m starting to put all the New York area gift fairs on my calendar, so I figured I would round them up for all of you. Here’s what I have so far:
- Bust Craftacular: Sunday, December 14, 2008 from 10:00 AM – 7:30 PM at the Metropolitan Pavilion (125 West 18th Street). I’ve attended this fair each year since it began and it’s always awesome. This year will feature over 200 crafters from all over the United States—the biggest turnout yet.
- Center for Book Arts Holiday Fair: Saturday, December 13, from 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM. I haven’t attended this fair yet, but the announcement promises hand-bound books, journals, greeting cards, decorative boxes, photo albums, original artwork and artist books—all at very reasonable prices.
- Union Square Holiday Market: November 24th through December 24th. This is an annual stop for me; there’s always tons of great gift items to find. Make sure to stop by early though—it definitely gets packed and difficult to maneuver. (For the rest of the annual New York Holiday markets click here.)
- Bryant Park Holiday Shops: November 22 through December 28th. Over 100 boutiques, artisans, designers, and food merchants from around the world, including Mixed Co.
- New York Shops: Saturday, December 6 from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM. This event—produced by New York Magazine—features items from over 40 exhibitors discounted by up to 60%. Buy tickets right here.